Local News

CRP Signup Underway in Russell County

usda logoThe United States Department of Agriculture, or USDA, is currently conducting a general Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) signup, including in Russell County.

Producers with CRP contracts expiring on September 30, 2020 can re-offer land during this signup period along with other producers who would like to offer new land or previously expired CRP land.

Land and producer eligibility requirements must be met and all CRP offers will go through a national Environmental Benefits Index ranking, which is a competitive process.

If you are interested in submitting a CRP offer, call the Russell County FSA office at 483-5618 to schedule an appointment.

This CRP signup will end on February 28.

(Information courtesy of the Russell County FSA Office.)

Read More Local News
Russell, KS weather