Water Meter Replacement to Begin
- Published on Monday, 30 June 2014 09:16
Starting July 7, the City will begin replacing water meters. The new water meters will be equipped with radio transmitting devices that will enable city crews to read your meter from a vehicle equipped to receive and store the reading. However, there may be certain circumstances when the City will need to access property to inspect or repair the water meter. The new system will allow the City to provide timely and accurate responses to your water meter reading inquiries. Over the next three months, every home and business in Russell will be upgraded with the new AMR system.
The benefits of an automatic meter reading system include:
- Increased productivity and reduced meter reading costs.
- Provide accurate usage reports ensuring accurate bills.
- Provide efficiencies in the billing which will allow for improved customer service.
- Minimizes the need for anyone to regularly access your property to read your water meter.
The City has contracted with J&N Utilities of Blue Springs, Missouri to install this equipment with oversight by City of Russell water distribution employees. Working together, the City of Russell and J&N Utilities want to assure all customers that installations will be performed by well-trained professionals. J&N Utilities' vehicles are clearly marked and their employees will have a photo identification badge.
If you have any questions about the Water Meter Replacement and AMR Program, call the City Building at 785-483-6311.
(Photo courtesy of City of Russell)Read More Local News