Trinity Community Thrift Store Receives $30,000 Grant
- Published on Monday, 17 April 2017 09:31
The Russell County Area Community Foundation (RCACF) announced Monday more than $100,000 in grants awarded to organizations that benefit the Russell County area, including support for education, park development, museums and public health.
Funding comes from the Fund for a Better Russell County Area ($30,000), Kansas Health Foundation Children's Fund ($22,426) and the Dane G. Hansen Foundation ($47,640).
The Trinity Community Thrift Store received a $30,000 Think Big, Think Russell County grant to build additional storage space to better serve communities in Russell County. A storage facility allows the Thrift Store to open up floor space to make room for furniture and more efficiently offer seasonal stock. This helps people in the community who are starting over due to fire and other disasters. Students from the Russell High School construction class will assist in the building project.
Other grants include:
- Gorham Community Development Association for an Arch Tire Swing, $2,644.
- Lucas Arts and Humanities Council for the Post Rock Heritage Renewal Project, $15,000.
- Lucas Lions Club for the Lucas Baseball Complex Pitch Counter and Equipment, $4,105.
- Lucas Chamber of Commerce for the Sunflower Visual Arts Festival, $500.
- World's Largest Things in Lucas for Museum Development, $1,000.
- USD 399 Natoma for Google Expeditions, $3,500, and an AED Program, $2,800, including a gift from the Myers Family Memorial Donor Advised Fund.
- Russell County Economic Development and CVB for a Marketing with Technology Program, $3,847.
- Russell Regional Hospital for Rehabilitation Equipment, $7,163.
- Russell PRIDE for the Memorial Park Walking Trail, $12,664.
- St. John Lutheran Church for a Community Day Camp for Children, $1,000.
- USD 407 Russell for Lightspeed Software, $10,000, NGSS Science Stations, $5,000, and Student Athlete Rehabilitation Equipment, $1,093.
Applications for the Foundation's next grant season are due October 15. Please apply at www.rcacf.net. For more information, contact Angie Muller, Executive Director, at 785-445-3611 or [email protected]
(Information courtesy RCACF.)Read More Local News