City of Russell Fire Department Responds to Chimney Fire
The City of Russell Fire Department responded to a chimney fire Tuesday evening in Russell.
According to Fire Chief Dylan Riedel, at 7:38 PM Tuesday, a passerby observed embers coming from a chimney on a house at 5 North Lincoln Street in Russell.
Firefighters responded and quickly located a fire in the chimney. It was extinguished and no damage was done to the residence.
Riedel reminds residents to clean their chimneys and fireplaces regularly to avoid debris buildup.