Russell-Grant Township Firefighters Respond to Barn Fire

Barn Fire 2-19-21
Barn Fire 2-19-21

Russell-Grant Township Firefighters responded to a barn fire Friday evening north of Russell.

Upon arrival, it was determined the calving barn was fully engulfed in flames. The barn is considered a total loss.

According to Russell-Grant Fire Chief Don Boxberger, the fire was caused by an exploding propane heater.

The Gorham and Paradise-Waldo-Natoma Fire Departments also responded for mutual aid. Russell County EMS also responded.

There were no injuries.

The barn was located on 186th Street a couple miles north of Russell.

(Photo courtesy Russell-Grant Township Fire Department.)